Managing Candidates When you log into your recommender account, you will be able to see a list of all the candidates who have specified you as a recommender. From this list you can see how many applications the candidate has submitted and how many of these applications are awaiting letters of recommendation to be uploaded. You can see more details about the applications a particular candidate has selected by clicking the "show applications" button for a given candidate. Once you click this button, each institution to which the candidate has submitted an application will be revealed as well as the status of your letter to that institution. Submitting Letters You can submit a letter for a candidate to a particular institution by clicking on the "submit letter" link next to the institution in the list of applications a candidate has submitted. This will take you to a screen which will allow you to upload a letter to be sent to the specified institution. You may name t...
Apparently the Election Commission has been running elections in schools . There are two problems with this piece of news: the first is the skepticism about the value of teaching democracy, and the second is that the Election Commission is involved at all. Basically, a primary school in Taman Tun (a suburb of KL) held an election for the post of head prefect -- supposedly the first time this has happened in the country. They had a formal nomination and campaigning process, all conducted by the Election Commission. When contacted, the EC deputy chair said he believed that teaching democracy to primary school students is unnecessary, but that the Federal Territories EC was just doing its job in helping conduct the elections. I can't really imagine why he would say this. The job of the Election Commission, after all, is to safeguard our democracy! Why on earth would they oppose the teaching of democracy or democratic values? What does the EC have against democracy or elections? The ex...
The following is a letter I've received from Anucia with regards to the recognition of diplomas and degrees from some of overseas universities. I am a student almost completing the Graduate Diploma in Education in the University of Western Australia and have been very much looking forward to serving the country. I completed my undergraduate Science degree in USM Penang and opted for an internationally recognised teaching qualification for security purposes. Before I go any further, I would like to apologise if this piece comes across as emotionally driven. I recently applied online on the Ministry of Education’s website for the Guru Sandaran Terlatih position and have been regularly checking the site for updates since getting through to a person I could speak to about my circumstances has proved to be very hard. I managed to speak to an officer from the ministry last week and he informed me that the route to a permanent post is via the same route, ie initial probationary period su...
Comments
Post a Comment